Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Measurement and Conversion

After the lovely Mrs. Frankenberg's lesson on measurement conversion, I was astounded at how easy it actually was to do. If only I had known how to do this during linear and angular speed in the beginning of trigonometry this year... 

Anyways, this information has been more helpful than I could have imagined... I actually used it on a standardized test from The College Board today (I can't say which one because they threaten invalidation of my test scores, Yikes!)

The due date for the last meal project is coming up, and I am ultra excited to bring these skills to good use and also to bring food to eat, because that and sleep are basically all that high school students care about. 

I am hoping that equivalent measurements are easy numbers to work with food-wise... as in, I hope it isn't as difficult to memorize as 5,280 feet in 1 mile. 

More updates to come!

-Tubesocks

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you!! After we learned this in chemistry i understood it and was able to do this skill with ease! However my solid D on that trig test would argue i can not convert. Have you ever thought why converting in chemistry might be easier then in trig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude about each subject we do, and I agree how it was easy to learn very quickly rather than it becoming all complex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this informative post on Measurement and Conversion. I have a feeling that you will need to keep your skill as they will be very important to the rest of chemistry!

    ReplyDelete