Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Archaeology Lab

Yesterday and today our class worked on an archaeology lab within in our partnerships. This lab was actually very beneficial; let me tell you why. 

 In most classes, students like myself struggle to see why the information we are learning matters in our real world. We say things like "I'm never going to use this" and "this is pointless." 

This post isn't intended to discuss what I did in my lab, but how this lab has revealed the importance of chemistry. 

The way that we used radioactive decay to figure out who a likely victim of a crime is... this lab has really excited me to learn chemistry now, as it has shown me that there are real world applications for it.

2 comments:

  1. Before your post I never realized how beneficial this lab is to our knowledge of Chemistry. Because we were talking about something so small it seemed insignificant to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you showed the connection of the lab to the real world. I definitely agree that this was beneficial, I felt like I was gaining more understanding as I was completing this lab.

    ReplyDelete